Wednesday, August 31, 2011
That is it, I have procrastinated enough, I am posting. It's almost a threat, I'm posting and there ain't nothing you can do about it - rawr. I think of it more as, I mean besides a threat, me living up to my reputation ("I don't give a damn about my bad reputation", I'm bringing on the cheese early today). Excuses, excuses for my (consistent) tardiness, that will land you in the principals office missy (this was my life 8 years ago)...

Some of my ol' addictions have come back with a fury including choosing too many books from the public library. I will walk around with a stack of books, my arm hurting, knowing I won't be able to finish them all but I still check out too many every time. I was actually a little shocked by the amount of people who were at the library during my last visit, at least the library is being utilized, yay for utilization.

I have read/listened to all but the last two, I've been trying to work on the F.Scott/Zelda Fitzgerald one but I keep getting distracted by my other current obsessions. I made a day out of my library experience, ate some fruit (this bosc pear was perfection) and read some books. It was a delightful day.

My boyfriend and I returned to the converted church restaurant I mentioned in a previous entry with his friend Charlie for a belated birthday dinner (fiance/boyfriend, I go back and forth with his title but you get the picture) - we had a really good time and talked well into the night.


We visited our friend Row and on the way there saw the Americas 9/11 ride departing from Frederick, just miles and miles of motorcycles and supporters, it was actually exciting to witness. I really wanted to be on one of those motorcycles, I haven't been out (besides sitting on my friends motorcycle at Tysons parking lot and accidentally touching the accelerator...) on a motorcycle since I was a kid.  

"Honey, can you get a motorcycle and... some chaps? I'll be your bestest friend" we will see if that works!

We got lucky apparently because people were sitting on the grass areas, holding up signs, set up on lawn chairs, and we just happened to have good timing to come across them.

Once we got to Frederick, Row and I dragged my fiance to Common Market for some wraps but the wraps weren't quite as good this go-around, they were good but not earth shattering like last time. Afterwards we drove around a bit and had a funny experience with a spiked bracelet wearing cashier at Giant Eagle where Row and I made some innocent jokes back and forth with him, "I'm always careful with my pie" sort of thing. She was telling me how she went back later in the week and said "Does your momma know you're hitting on old ladies?" (she was saying about herself, which is looney because shes not old) and he said "I didn't see any old ladies then and I don't see any right now." <3

Row, Megan, and I also took a little trip to Pier 1 Imports to coo over what they had. They have the cutest selection of masks for Halloween! You've gotta go check them out. I also found a really pretty necklace, a necklace from Pier 1, who knew? I thought I got a picture of the masks but I can't find it so I'm going to share with you a picture of me that I HATE but I'm wearing one of the said fabulous masks so it's worth sharing. You may kind of be able to tell my new hair color but I will post more pictures concerning my hair later. Ugh, this picture, I look like I'm 10 years old... just eek.

Speaking of Halloween, which I'm obsessed with, I get so excited every year! I have to watch 'Hocus Pocus' 9 million times and come up with 500 Halloween costume ideas that I never actually do and search every store in sight for cute items for our future place. The last few years we've gotten the cutest nutcrackers, pot holders, cups, etc all "spooky" themed. It doesn't even seem like a theme to me, it's just our taste. Homegoods especially triggered the jumping up and down like a little girl reaction from me a few years ago, we went back this year and I got to choose one thing.

Now that I'm looking at the above & below picture I keep seeing more and more things I like. We went to Michael's and Target (Target, Target? No way!) as well but we did not look at Targets Halloween section which can be very hit or miss. But I'd have to say I'm happy with my choice since I have a soft spot for snow globes and I like the black base.


Oh Halloween, how I love thee'.

As always I'm getting a bit carried away so I think I'll do a part two tomorrow. I have some superexciting vacation news, pictures finally of my new hair, talk of movie and restaurants, and my general nuttiness to come so please stay tuned. I leave you with a video someone took on the same road we took the day of Americas 9/11 Ride, some music, and a little Beetlejuice.






4 comments :

Bonnie said...

HALLOWEEN.
It's my favorite time of year.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Unknown said...

@Bonnie, Halloween is definitely the top of my list! I like getting presents for Christmas and eating copious amounts of food for Thanksgiving but nothing beats Halloween. Thanks so much for the comment!

<3Honeysuckelle

Courtney Erin said...

I love Halloween!!!! I start planning my costumes in like June and last year I planned a whole vacation around Halloween with my best friend. I get ridiculously excited every year when Halloween comes around. And now I need to get to a Pier 1 to see those masks.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Unknown said...

@Courtney, I love finding other Halloween enthusiasts like myself! See I will think of Halloween costumes year around but then I never actually pull them off, before I know it is Halloween and I haven't made/picked a costume out. I'm hoping to go by Target to see what they have sometime this weekend.

Definitely check out Pier 1, look in the clearance section as well, they also had some masks there.

<3Honeysuckelle

Powered by Blogger.
Follow Honeysuck~elle