Friday, April 3, 2015

I've been toying with doing a movie inspiration post for this movie for the longest time because it is one of my favorite movies of all time (yes, I have many but still, this is a contender). The only thing is the movie I'm referring to, Heathers, was done in the 1980s (specifically 1988) so the hair is big, the shoulder pads are popping, and the scrunchies are ...scrunchy. I don't really care for big hair or shoulder pads, that sort of 1980's look I don't fancy much and it doesn't really translate to modern looks although a lot of the things they wore could easily be worn today - I mean tights, blazers, skirts... those things are in many a wardrobe. 

If you haven't seen Heathers... look it up, watch it! (I'm pretty certain it is on instant viewing on a few sites including netflix). Basically there is a girl named Veronica (played by Winona Ryder) who is in a popular clique of girls in school all named Heather. She doesn't care for her friends much and meets a cute boy named J.D (Christian Slater) who convinces her to "prank" some of the popular kids by murdering them. So yeah, it's dark, it's easy to relate to, it's full of quotes, and it is surprisingly funny.

I decided to stick with the primary color scheme the girls wore in the movie and here we go.


Red: Heather Chandler (played by Kim Walker)

Quote: Dear Diary: Heather told me she teaches people "real life." She said, real life sucks losers dry. You want to fuck with the eagles, you have to learn to fly. I said, so, you teach people how to spread their wings and fly? She said, yes. I said, you're beautiful. 

She's a beautiful dictator and this is how I would see her dressing today:



Movie Inspiration: Heathers - Red (Chandler)


It's a bit vampy but I can't help myself. Red and black always seems to translate to "vamp" to me but I loove red and black so *shrugs*. 

Green: Heather Duke (played by Shannen Doherty)

Quote: "I prayed for the death of Heather Chandler many times and I felt bad everytime I did it but I kept doing it anyway. Now I know you understood everything. Praise Jesus, Hallelujah"

She wants to be the leader but secretly hates the leader. 


Movie Inspiration: Heathers - Green (Duke)

Yellow: Heather McNamara (played by Lisanne Falk)

Quote: Veronica Sawyer: "If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?"
            Heather McNamara the Cheerleader: "Probably."

The follower.

Movie Inspiration: Heathers - Yellow

Blue: Veronica Sawyer (played by Winona Ryder)


Quote: "This isn't just a spoke in my menstrual cycle" 

She has seen the reality of life within the popular clique and wants out but doesn't know how to get out. 

Movie Inspiration: Heathers - Veronica (Blue)

Movie Inspiration: Heathers - Veronica (Blue) by honeysuckelle featuring evening pumps

I'm not 100% satisfied but what do you think?

For further reading, read this Deeper Analysis of Heathers.

0 comments :

Powered by Blogger.
Follow Honeysuck~elle